The structure and use of PCB aluminum substrate
Aluminum substrate is a common metal-based copper clad laminate, which has good thermal conductivity, electrical insulation properties and mechanical processing properties. Let the aluminum substrate manufacturer explain the aluminum substrate in detail for you.
The characteristics of aluminum substrate
1. Adopt surface mount technology (SMT);
2. In the circuit design plan, it is extremely effective to dispose of the thermal diffusion stop;
3. Reduce the operating temperature of the product, improve the power density and reliability of the product, and extend the service life of the product;
4. Reduce product volume, reduce hardware and assembly costs;
5. Replace the fragile ceramic substrate to achieve better mechanical durability.
Second, the structure of the aluminum substrate
Aluminum-based copper clad laminate is a kind of metal circuit board material, which is composed of copper foil, thermally conductive insulating layer and metal substrate:
Copper foil: equivalent to the copper clad laminate of ordinary PCB, the thickness of the circuit copper foil is loz to 10oz.
Thermally conductive insulating layer: The insulating layer is a layer of low thermal resistance thermally conductive insulating material.
Metal substrate: generally aluminum-based copper clad laminate and traditional epoxy glass cloth laminate.
1. The circuit layer (that is, copper foil) is etched to form a printed circuit, so that the various components of the component are connected to each other. Under normal conditions, it is required to have a large current-carrying ability, so use thicker copper foil with a thickness of 35μm~280μm;
2. The thermally conductive insulating layer is the center of the aluminum substrate. It is generally composed of a special polymer filled with special ceramics. It has low thermal resistance, excellent viscoelastic properties, has the ability to resist thermal aging, and can accept mechanical and thermal stress.
3. The metal base layer is the supporting member of the aluminum substrate, which has high thermal conductivity. It is usually aluminum plate, but copper plate can also be used. It is suitable for conventional machining such as drilling, punching and cutting.
Third, the use of aluminum substrate:
1. Audio equipment: input and output amplifiers, equalization amplifiers, audio amplifiers, preamplifiers, power amplifiers, etc.
2. Power supply equipment: switch conditioner, DC/AC converter, SW regulator, etc.
3. Communication electronic equipment: high-frequency amplifiers, filter appliances, and transmission circuits.
4. Office automation equipment: motor drives, etc.
5. Automobile: electronic conditioner, igniter, power controller, etc.
6. Computer: CPU board, floppy disk drive, power supply installation, etc.
7. Power modules: inverters, solid state relays, rectifier bridges, etc.